Read through to learn more about our summer programming options for 2021!
Hello! We are so excited to be offering programs for you and your families this summer at Camp Homewood! This year has been a year to remember… for many reasons! But we are thankful and thrilled to be looking ahead to a new year. Although it is impossible to know with 100% certainty what this summer will bring, we are excited about offering a re-imagined summer program at Homewood.
It’s going to be a Summer Like No Other!
We are excited to be offering 3 sessions of Day Camp this summer for kids ages 7-12! If you live in Campbell River we will be bringing the fun of camp right to your neighborhood. Our Day Camp programs will include some of the best things about summer camp including games, crafts, skits, snacks and our amazing group of Homewood tent leaders. Send your kids, a bag lunch and a water bottle, and we’ll provide the rest! Sign your kids up for one week or several! Here are the details:
- 3 weeks in Campbell River (40 campers / week, ages 7-12). Monday – Friday
Click here to see Day Camp dates & rates or to register
Family Camps have been one of the highlights of summers past at Homewood. Many of our longtime staff and volunteers started out by attending Homewood Family Camps as children with their families. This year, we are reimagining our summer programming by focusing on Family Camp Adventures.
We look forward to hosting 14 sessions of Family Camp programs: 2 weeks of Sailing (for ages 9 and older); 7 weeks at Harbour (ages 0-99!); and 5 weeks at Woodsman (ages 0-99)! Each location will provide delicious food made by our Food Services Team, and will have a lifeguard onsite. Read on to learn a bit more about each Family Camp!
Harbour Family Camp
Enjoy a summer of adventure and activities with your family at our main camp located on beautiful Gowlland Harbour on Quadra Island!
- A maximum of 50 people per week, Sunday – Friday.
- Campers will have the opportunity to sign up for a variety of Homewood activities across our property with their families like: horseback riding, archery, riflery, crafts, and waterfront activities (we will have a lifeguard on site).
- Enjoy family hikes and nature walks, or take time to relax and explore our 200 acre property. Our aim is to provide an amazing adventure for you and your family while respecting COVID-19 safety protocols.
Sailing Family Camp
Learn to sail in the Discovery Islands aboard one of our four 27’ Catalina sailboats with your family! Our experienced skippers and summer team members will guide you through a summer adventure you will never forget.
- 4-5 family members per boat x 4 boats per week. Sunday – Friday. For kids ages 9 and up with parents or grandparents.
- Sail the waters around the Discovery Islands and see the natural beauty and ocean wildlife including porpoises, sea lions and whales. Stop for adventures along the way to explore remote coves and intriguing shorelines, or hike to secluded lakes.
Our team will provide delicious meals and snacks each day. Each night you’ll get to stop at a new location to camp under the stars on a spectacular island.
Woodsman Family Camp
Woodsman is one of Homewood’s hidden gems. Our updated campsite is located on Mine Lake on the northern portion of Quadra Island. While you take a 20 minute stroll along the shores of the lake, the camp boat will do all the hard work of transporting all of your gear to camp. This “back-to-the-basics” camp has massive canvas wall tents on elevated wooden platforms (15’ x 24’). Facilities include outhouses, but no showers. Enjoy delicious meals provided by our Food Services team made right in the outdoors. Swim in the clear, warm lake. Kayak, canoe, hike, or relax and sit around the campfire with your family.
- Maximum of 30 people per week. Sunday – Friday.
- Choose what you would like to do each day and lead your own adventures! Delicious meals will be provided by our team each day, or make a bag lunch for a day hike! Enjoy swimming in the warm water with your family, or use our canoes and kayaks (life jackets provided) and explore one of BC’s most beautiful Provincial parks.
Click here to see Family Camp dates & rates or to register
Adult Sailing Camp
Are you someone who enjoys adventure? Maybe you’ve always wanted to go sailing, but you haven’t got around to buying your own yacht… Well, this is your year! We are excited to be offering 2 sessions of Adult Sailing Camps this summer at Homewood! Here are the details:
- 1 week of Adult Sailing (6 nights). 4 adults age 19+ per boat x 4 boats per week.
- 1 week of Young Adult Sailing (6 nights). 4 adults age 19-28 per boat x 4 boats per week.
- Sail the waters around the Discovery Islands and see the natural beauty and ocean wildlife. Stop for adventures along the way to explore the remote coves and intriguing shorelines or hike to secluded lakes.
- Our team will provide delicious meals and snacks each day. Each night you’ll get to stop at a new location to camp under the stars.
Learn to sail in the Discovery Islands aboard one of our four 27’ Catalina sailboats with a group of friends! This is the perfect opportunity for church groups or young adult groups. Our experienced team will guide you through a summer adventure you will never forget.
Click here to see Adult Sailing Camp dates & rates or to register
Of course, no summer would be complete without our Summer Team! We are putting together an amazing team for this Summer Like No Other, but we need your help to fill each position! Are you ready to serve and be a part of making this the summer the best summer of someone’s life? Or, maybe you know someone who would be a perfect fit? Here are the positions we are looking to fill this summer:
Our day camps will need a core team of teens and young adults to run this program. This will be most like our regular Cabin Leader and Leader In Training positions from previous summers to help lead kids and run activities. We are also looking for an amazing Work Crew Team to help facilitate setup and clean up of our Day Camp programs each day. Our senior Day Camp team will be able to stay onsite at Homewood throughout the summer, bussing back and forth to the Campbell River location each day. Work Crew (ages 15-17) will arrive at their designated location each day and need to bring a packed lunch.
2021 Day Camp Positions (In Campbell River):
- 1 Day Camp Director (age 19+)
- 2 Assistant Day Camp Directors (age 19+, Campbell River)
- Activity Leaders/LIT (age 17-19, 3 per location)
- Work Crew Bosses (age 19+, 1 per location)
- Work Crew (age 15-17, 4 per location)
Harbour Family Camps
Our summer team at our Harbour location will be in charge of running activities and facilitating an amazing experience each week for families. Our senior Harbour Camp team will stay onsite at Homewood throughout the summer. Work Crew (ages 15-17) will ferry over to Homewood each day to volunteer for the sessions they apply for.
2021 Harbour Family Camp Positions:
- Camp Director (2, age 19+)
- Activity Leaders/LIT (6, age 17-19)
- Kitchen Team (4, age 17+)
- Lifeguards (3, age 17+)
- Office (1, age 17+)
- Site & Facilities Crew (2, age 17+)
- Video & Photography (1, age 17+)
- Work Crew Bosses (2, age 19+)
- Work Crew (6 per session, age 15-19)
- Wranglers (3, age 17+)
Adult Sailing and Family Camps
Our sailing programs are one of the most unique adventures that Homewood offers! We are looking for a strong team of adventurers to lead this summer’s sailing camps for adults and families. We will be providing a week of Homewood skipper training prior to the start of camps, however prior sailing experience and training is required for these key positions.
2021 Sailing Camp Positions:
- Sailing Director (1, 19+)
- Quartermaster (1, 19+)
- Bosun (2 – to help with food prep, activities, etc., 17+)
- Lifeguard (1, 17+)
Woodsman Family Camps
Woodsman is often one of the favourite locations for our summer team to be a part of serving at each summer! We are looking for a strong core team to facilitate an amazing week for families at Woodsman this summer. Here are the positions we are looking to fill:
2021 Woodsman Family Camp Positions:
- Woodsman Director (1, age 19+)
- Woodsman Cook (1, age 19+)
- Assistant Woodsman Cook (1, age 17+)
- Lifeguard (1, age 17+)
Click here to apply for one of our Summer Team positions this summer!
We have all been through a different year this year during Covid-19, and there have been many bumps in the road for many of us. But we can’t wait to see what 2021 has in store! Whether you are a teen in high school who has been learning to study online this year, you are a parent who has had to learn to work from home, or you are a grandparent who has missed seeing your grandkids, we hope that we can create a space for you to enjoy an incredible Summer Like No Other in 2021! We can’t wait to see you here!
Life Changes Here at Homewood? … You bet it does.
Stay tuned for more blog posts coming monthly from Camp Homewood!